Saturday, May 21, 2011

Night life


I HAVE a bit of company on this European jaunt.

It's a group famil -- media familiarisation tour -- and I'mtravelling with a PR person and three other travel writers.

It's nice to have someone to eat or shop with, and wandering around in groups adds a bit more security when exploring locations frequented by pick pockets.

The other great thing about having company is that I'm able to see a bit of each destination after the sun goes down.

When I am travelling solo I tend to find my way back to the hotel by the time it gets dark, so don't see much of the lights.

For the past few evenings my little group has been heading out for dinner just before dark, which comes late in this part of the world during the month of May, and then taking the scenic route back to our hotel.

Tonight we had dinner in Prague's Republic Square, and then walked home along then tourist streets and through Old Town Square.

It was dark by the time we arrived in the heart of Prague, so we got to enjoy this very pretty part of the Czech capital all lit up.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad