Friday, April 6, 2012

Free-o


Welcome to Perth, home of the big blue sky.

I spent my first full day in Freo enjoying the sunshine and warm weather, strolling the streets remembering what I love about this place.


I had French toast and a fruit drink for brunch in the loft of a vintage terrace house, found my way to the back corner of the Fremantle Market where I used to buy the best banana smoothie on earth, watched a container ship push back from the wharf and head out into the Indian Ocean while sipping a soy latte in an historic waterside warehouse, and searched for old titles in Freo's assortment of second-hand bookshops.

I even had time for a little shopping and browsed the stores in High Street where local designers have set up between the art galleries, book shops, home-wear stores and design emporiums that flank the footpath.