Friday, October 26, 2012

Sound and light show

IN all the time I've spent peering through the lens of a camera there's still a couple of techniques I haven't mastered, and they all involve dark nights and subtle light.

I really want to capture the beams of light pushing through a narrow window into a dark room, I'm set on shooting a busy city at night with long lines of red from departing tail lights marking the movement of traffic, and I'm really keen on photographing lightening.


I was given another chance tonight, after that dramatic Mediterranean sunset, when storm clouds began brewing on the horizon and a couple of cells developing right in front of my Kusadasi balcony.


After wrestling with the manual settings for an hour or so, and finding safe places to rest the camera while the shutter was open for minutes at a time, I managed to snap a couple of dozen shots with some lightning in the background.


These were the best three, what do you think?