Sunday, January 1, 2012

So that was 2011

SO that's 2011 done and dusted, and not only has my pile of boarding passes grown considerable by I have a stack of newspaper clippers to mark all the wonderful destinations I visited this year.

Now, as the clock counts down to 2012, I have worked out the statistics on my big year of travelling.

Flights in 2011 - 50, including several quick trips to Sydney and a couple of long-haul hops to Europe
Total kilometres flown in 2011 - 215,142km
Trips done in 2011 - 17, including 10 to international destinations
Total number of hotels in 2011 - 48
Total countries visited in 2011 - 17
Vietnam, England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Thailand, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, New Zealand, USA, Vanuatu, Singapore, France, Switzerland.

And I already have three trips lined up to do in the first two months of 2012 including a return visit to Singapore, two weeks in Canada, and a week exploring Outback South Australia...so stay tuned.